First item of business is a title. Vote for your favorite title. Please vote for your favorite title and or post a replay.
Potential Title Mock Up:
Thanks to theryaney for the edit title and Poster Art edit
My main goal is to create a stronger confidence and likability in every character. Finn doesn’t try to escape. Rose doesn’t spend a large majority of her screen time crying. Luke makes a pivotal decision that changes his destiny. Rey…..well she was always confident so she’s pretty much the same. Kylo is……honestly I don’t mind if he isn’t as confident. He doesn’t tantrum as much though. Hux is no longer a joke of a puppet. He acts with purpose and doesn’t cower in front of his underlings. Poe learns his lessons through thinking instead of demotion. Holdo is simply another Admiral and isn’t cocky. BB-8 is a likable droid who doesn’t act like a prequel r2-d2. Chewbacca…..ok I couldn’t salvage the lack of Chewbacca in this movie sadly……..The porgs are present but they’re treated more as atmosphere than focal points.
In a nut shell:
- A Star Warsy crawl the everyone completely agrees with, 🤞
- the fleet drops out of hyperspace & the FO fleet shows up (tracking plot introduced)
- space battles combined
- Leia is unconcious
- Rey keeps training (oh did I mention that she was already doing that?)
- Holdo assumes command (but it’s less on the nose)
- Secret mission to get the code breaker
- Canto Bight (no Fathiers)
- Force Time and Trials of the Force stuff
- Canto Bight prison escape (no Fathiers)
- Certain points of view Force stuff & decisions
- Supremacy (Finn, Rose, Decoder, BB-8 & Rey)
- Poe allowed to continue secret plan (no mutiny)
- Plan fails, Rey succeeds, Resistance flees
- Crait battle
- Luke arrives & confronts Kylo
- Rey frees Resistance, but now they’re the Rebellion
What is in this edit?
- Canto Bight
- Sad Luke
- Chrome Dome & Rebel Scum
- Deleted Scenes
What’s not in this edit?
- Excessive amounts of Porgs
- Grumpy old Luke
- SNL humor
- Annoying Hux
- Mean Holdo
- BB-8 antics
- Useless Deleted Scenes
- Bullet time
- Excessive slow-mo scenes
Ok, how is this different than any of the many other TLJ edits out there?
I’d say it’s the massive rearrangement of scenes that change motivations and outcomes of characters. It’s also meant as a compliment to Heir to the Force. Will this edit make you like TLJ? Honestly I don’t know. I will say that I’m becoming OK with the movie after editing it for some months now. About the only major gripe I have left is the fact that ships don’t have any resistance in space so they don’t need to expend fuel……..yep, the whole “it’s only a matter of time” before they run out of fuel plot point is ridiculous (I suppose you could argue that because the FO is burning their engines the Resistance would need to to stay ahead, but that is assuming that there isn’t a speed limit that they already have met…..I digress…..
Anyway, I’m currently adding in deleted scene content that adds to character development or plot points that I’m needing to create for this v3 narrative. Once the scenes flow narratively I’ll engage in the smoothing out of audio transitions to create seamless transitions.
Want to help?
- I’d welcome anyone who can make a spot on green lightsaber (hilt included) for the Crait scenes.
- I’m also needing to create the illusion of a morning sunrise lighting for an outdoor scene on Ach-To.
- (I’m sure I’ll be needing to update this section in the future.)
Here is the draft of the crawl thus far:
The RESISTANCE is in flight! THE FIRST ORDER has located their hidden base and are intent on eliminating their influence for good.
Meanwhile, Rey races across the stars to locate Jedi Master LUKE SKYWALKER before all hope fades. Without him, the cause of freedom may be lost forever.
Leia and her freedom fighters prepare to mount a desperate escape. All of their hope lies in the return of the last Jedi….
Crawl Preview using brolandi.github.io’s Star Wars Intro Creator: